In this newsletter you will find information about the following:
1. The All About Art Spring Show and Sale - May 4-7
2. The First Saturday Sale which was today.
3. Our first ever All About Art Happy Hour, is April 13 from 5 - 6 PM in the Art Room
4. The All About Art General Meeting Ice Cream Social, April 19 4:30 - 6:30 PM in the Pavilion.
5. The April Class Schedule
6. The Art Party
7. Earth Day
8. The User Group Schedule
9. New Member Orientation
10.The Wall Art Display and Bin Art
11.Art in Bloom
13.Committee help needed
15.The All About Art Library
16.Policy and Procedures
17.Lost or Inadvertently Taken
Please read! At the request of our members we limit the emails sent---so when we send them, they are chocked full of information. This is your main source of information for all of April! PLEASE READ IT!
1. Now is the time to register for the All About Art Spring Show and Sale. Guidelines and registration forms are on the front counter in the Art Room. There is a box for you to deposit your entry fee and completed forms on the counter in the Art Room. All registrations must be in by April 18 in order to participate. Questions? Contact Cathy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or Angelika Kade at email@example.com.
Please read the guidelines and complete the paperwork carefully. We had recent experience with members neglecting to read the guidelines and then submitting paintings that were outside the parameters allowed. This is really not fair to the members who read and prepare their entries carefully. In the art room there is an example of how to attach the hanging wire to your entry.
On the counter at the front desk, there is a sign-up sheet for members to volunteer to host, cashier, and assist with hospitality. We will also be looking for members to distribute postcards to the lower mailboxes. We cannot do it without you! Please sign up to help!
2. The First Saturday Sale was today. It was windy, but colorful and well attended. If you are interested in participating in the future, please contact Cynthia Byers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The first ever All About Art Happy Hour will be held at the Art Room on Thursday, April 13 from 5-6 PM. Bring your own beverage and join us to socialize, enjoy each other's company, and hang out with artists! There are no expectations--- but to have a good time.
4. The General Membership Meeting this month is on Wednesday, April 19 in the Pavilion from 4:30 - 6:30. It's an ice cream social! No charge! Just come and enjoy a dip or two with friends!
5. Here is the class schedule for April.
All Saturdays in April Paint What You Love, 1:30 - 4 PM MaryTreadwell. $25 per class
April 6 Foundations of Acrylic, 9:30 - 3 PM Lynne Drake. (These are the last two classes of a series)
April 7 Oil Painting Portraits, 1 - 3:30 Suzanne Aulds. (This is the last of a four class series.)
April 12 Collage (Genesis Series) 2- 4 PM Marcie Frisch. Free
April 13 & 14 Acrylic Master Series: Winslow Homer 9:30 - 12 Lynne Drake. $50 for two classes
April 14, 21, and 28 Beginners Watercolor, 1 - 4 PM Diana Tomlinson. $95 for three classes
April 16 & 23 Watercolor Class - A Birch Tree, 2 - 4 PM Elaine Duncan. $35 for two classes
April 19 Portrait Sketching (Genesis Series) 1 - 3 PM, Trish Jedrick & Kathe Kline. Free
April 20 & 21 First Timers Oil 9:30 - 12 Suzanne Auld. $20 for two classes
April 20 Watercolor Sand Dollar 1 - 4:30 PM Cynthia Byers. $25.
6. The Art Party - "Negative Painting" by Lynn Nasal is back by popular demand. April 20 at 6:30 PM in the Art Room. See flyer below. Pre-registration is required. No walk-ins!
7. Earth Day! April 22 11 - 2 PM in the Pavilion. Thank you to all artists who donated canvases that will be raffled off at the All About Art table in the Pavilion. If you have not yet done it, please return your canvas to the art room by April 7. We have some beautiful paintings turned in! We also would appreciate the donation of earth related/nature cards or prints you may have made. Please put all donations in the box that says Earth Day on the shelf by the front window. Call or text Nancy Truman with questions at 803-606-8856.
8. The User Groups are in full swing. Join us for the Digital Art User Group on Wednesday, April 26 at 6:30 PM. The Abstract User Groupwill meet on Thursday, April 27 at 10 AM. There is no charge to participate.
9. New Member Orientation is Wednesday, April 26 from 4 - 5 PM. If you have never been to an orientation--even if you are not brand new--please come. No need to register. Just come! There is lots to learn and you'll get the door code!
10. Wall and Bin Art. The April Wall looks wonderful! Thanks to all the artists who brought their work, and thank you to the wall display committee (John Baxter, Ed Corbitt, and Dorte Hammond) who hung the art! Also thanks to the Forgacz team and the Featured Artist! The Art Room looks just great! If at all possible, please leave your art on display until Monday, May 1. The drop off for the Spring Art Show and Sale is Wednesday, May 3---and it's nice to keep the art up as long as possible.
As a reminder for all art members displaying their art on the wall. Please wire it correctly! The wire must be taut and has to be below the top of the frame by a MINIMUM of 2 and 1/8th inches. Otherwise, it cannot be hung!
11. Art in Bloom will be September 9 & 10 in the Art Room. This is a collaborative show between the Avant Gardeners and All About Art. We will be looking for paintings that are 16x20 inches or larger. Please look through your stash of original paintings for something you'd like to submit, or if you like, paint something new! Paintings of people, landscapes, and still life are preferred. Please submit jpgs of your painting to Jan Urbanic by June 15 email@example.com. Include title, size, and price. The garden club will make their selections in late June, and we'll let you know what they decide. We are looking for committee members for all aspects of this show. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to work to make this a wonderful show!
12. Planning for Creative Visions 2024 is underway. The All About Art representative is Jane Capraro. Thank you Jane! We are still looking for a volunteer to make the display tags and mount the artist photos. Training will be provided. Computer experience is helpful! Please email email@example.com.
13. Help needed. The Publicity/Website Committee could still use some help. Patti Rozonkiewiecz is the chair. If you'd like to help her, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Monitoring. Questions about being an Art Room monitor? It's a great way to get to know the club and our members. Contact the Monitor Chair, Lynn Nasal at email@example.com
15. Check out the new Library Corner in the Art Room. Our new librarian Cat Tollstrup has been hard at work. The white comfy chair is positioned so you can sit and peruse books from our wonderful collection.
16. We're taking a crack at updating some of the All About Art procedures. If you'd like to work on that, please let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org
17. A friend left several bins in a bag for member Susan Lange. Her name was on the bag. It was put on the front counter by the library. If you picked them up thinking they were part of the FREE FOR MEMBERS stash, would you please return them, or email email@example.com? Thank you!
Thanks everyone! Have a great, creative April. See you around the Art Room!
Jan Urbanic & Kate Mace
Co-Presidents, All About Art Club