Executive Board Meeting - Minutes
June 8, 2022
Attending: Kate Mace, Jan Urbanic, Linda Dzuba, Marianne Bruno, Kathe Kline, Linda Grady, and John Baxter
President’s Remarks: President Jan Urbanic called the meeting to order at 6:10 pm. President Jan noted that a quorum was present and that we would be voting on two matters.
Secretary’s Minutes: A motion was made by Linda Grady to accept the minutes as amended and recorded, seconded by Marianne Bruno. The motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report: The Treasurer’s Report was distributed by Marianne Bruno. The report shows a balance forward of $3,505.13 as of June 8, 2022. A motion was made to accept the treasurer’s report as written. The motion was seconded voted upon and passed.
1. PROPOSED - Glass Crafter’s Club Collaboration for CV-2023: Representatives of the Glass Crafters Club approached the Creative Vision-2023 Steering Committee requesting to join with the Photo and Art Club for Creative Vision 2023 (CV 2023.) Two Glass Crafter representatives met with the CV-2023 Steering Committee which recommended a trial inclusion (one photographer paired with one glass crafter, and one artist paired with one glass crafter) for CV-2023.of Glass Crafters this year. The Photo Club Board has approved this. A motion was made and seconded to approve the collaboration on a limited basis (as described above) for CV-2023. A discussion was held and the AAA Executive Board, passed the motion.
2. PROPOSED - Garden Club Collaboration: Planned for September 17th-18th. Art in Bloom is an idea brought to us by Pauline Oliver, an AAA member and formerly a museum docent. Look “Art in Bloom” up on the Internet and see that many, many museums like the Milwaukee Museum of Art, the Boston Museum, the North Carolina Museum of Art, the Minneapolis Institute of Art, the Florence Griswold Museum in Old Lyme Connecticut, and many more present this beautiful and creative event. Floral artists from Sun City’s Garden Club would interpret works of art done by AAA members! It’s new to us, and a great collaborative event!
Parameters for submission:
- 16 x 20 or larger
- Subjects would include still life’s, portraits, landscapes, (preferably no florals).
- Submissions are due by mid-July. Watch for more details
Photos of the artwork will be submitted to and approved for show inclusion by Pauline Oliver (AAA) and Dorothy Duke (Garden Club) Any member who also wants to display and/or sell a painting submitted for this show may do so. A motion was made and seconded to approve this collaborative event with the Garden Club. A discussion was held and the AAA Executive Board passed the motion unanimously
3. Defining a Vision for the Future of the AAA Club: The SCHHCA is approaching
charter clubs to identify their visions for the future. A discussion ensued among board members. A SCHHCA Capital Expenditure/Strategic Vision team will visit the art room on Monday, June 13 at 11 AM to see our open studio in action. Members of the AAA executive board will meet with the team. These ideas were included as topics to be explored:
- Maintain fine art instruction in multiple mediums.
- Further expansion of the Creative Visions Exhibit
- More FREE Genesis Programs
- More collaboration with other Charter Clubs
- Reorganization and expansion of studio space
- More evening classes
- Kid’s Summer Art Program (revived)
- Improved website with options for online sign-up for membership and classes
- Explore adding Digital Art as a medium
- Explore providing pop-up art displays around the Sun City community
- Creative Expressions Critique (revived)
- Popcorn and DVD Nights (revived)
- Fabulous Fakes Exhibit
Meeting was adjourned at 7:35 pm
Respectfully submitted by:
Linda Grady for Pat Card