March 2023 Newsletter
Spring is in the air, and we’re all absolutely loving the budding trees, soft breezes and chirping birds. Here’s what we have going on this month.
In this newsletter you’ll find the following:
1. Spring Art Show
2. Art in the Park
3. March class schedule
4. Art Party
5. Wall Display/Bin Art
6. Earth Day
7. Creative Visions
8. Committee Chairs
9. Special User Groups
11. Other News
Spring Art Show - Our Spring show is scheduled for May 4-7 and our new VP’s are busy lining up their chairs, and recruiting volunteers for hosting, registration, food donations for the reception and distribution of flyers. Look for the guidelines and registration form in the Art studio and on our web page the week of March 12. If you have any questions, contact: Catherine Smith. (email@example.com or Angelika Kade (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Art in the Park is this Saturday, March 4th, and runs from 10-2 in Yemassee Square.
3. March Class Offerings are as follows:
March 9 - First Timers Watercolor - 1 pm
March 9 - Art of Quilling - 6 pm
March 10 - City Silhouette (Watercolor and Ink) 1 pm
March 11, 18 & 25 - Paint What You Love
March 16 - Portrait Drawing - 1 pm
March 17 - Portrait Painting for Beginners - 1 pm
March 17 - Matser Series: Van Gogh - acrylic - 9:30
March 22 - Daffodil - watercolor - 1 pm
March 23, 30, and Apr. 6 - Foundations of Acrylic Painting 9:30
4. Art Party - The Art Party will be on Thursday, March 16, at 6:30 pm in the Art Studio. Please see attached flyer for details. Pre-registration is required - no walk-ins. Contact Ann Rotunno at email@example.com if you wish to attend.
5. Wall Display/Bin Art- This month we had a poor showing on wall hangings, and if you still wish to hang something for the month of March, please bring it to the studio and we’ll put it up. Take down for the March hangings will be on March 29, and art for April should be brought in on March 30.
We continue to stress the need for all to follow the guidelines on hanging in reference to the proper wiring of your pieces. Despite our efforts, 35 pieces needed to be rewired for Creative Vision, which is unacceptable. In addition, we often need to rewire some of our monthly submissions. Attached is a revised “Guidelines for Framing”, and a physical example is on display in the art studio.
We’ve had a few questions in regard to Bin Art. Members may display up to five (5) pieces of bin art. Pieces must be properly wrapped and tagged with Artists Name, Title of Work, Price, and phone number.
6. Earth Day - All About Art will again participate in the Earth Day celebration on April 22, 10-2 in the Pavillion. We no longer need boxes. Instead, we are asking 25 artists to paint small environmental related pairings that we will donate and raffle at the fair. This can be an “Earth Day” scene, an endangered animal, plant, or just a beautiful scene of nature. We are providing 5x7 canvases for this. PLEASE COME TO THE ART STUDIO on March 6 or 7, from 9-1 p.m. to pick up and sign out your canvas. Directions will be provided at pickup. We will also take donations of any of your lovely earth-related cards or homemade bookmarks.
7. Creative Visions was a wonderful success! Kudos to the many volunteers who came together to create our most successful and spectacular Creative Visions Exhibit and Sale to date. Approximately 3,000 attended and 35 items were sold. The committee continues to fine tune the event and build on its successes. Thank you Linda Grady for doing such a great job in representing the AAA club!
8. Committee Chair and AAA Creative Vision Representative We are looking for someone to take over the Greeting Card Chair, to replace Tish Blake. We also need a representative from the Art Club to work on the Steering Committee for Creative Vision, to replace Linda Grady. If you have any interest in either of these positions, please let me or Kate know and we can give you more details on what’s involved.
9. User Groups - The Modern/Abstract/Non-representational user group will be meeting on Thursday, March 16, from 10-12, in the art studio. All are welcome to join!
The meeting of the Digital Art user group will be on Wednesday, March 22, at 6:30 pm in
the Art Studio. All are welcome to join.
10. Housekeeping - In follow-up of a message sent earlier this month, studio hours are from 6 a.m. to 10 p..m. daily. No one is permitted to be in the building before or after these hours of operation. Thank you for your cooperation on this.
11. Other News - One of our members, Norma Deal, will be Featured Artist at the Beaufort Arts Association. All are invited to the opening reception on Friday, March 3rd, from 5-8 p.m. Light refreshments will be served.
Have a beautiful day!
Jan Urbanic & Kate Mace
Co-Presidents, All About Art Club