Happy October. Here's what you will find in our monthly newsletter
1. General Membership Quarterly Meeting and Election is Wednesday, October 4. Please come!
2. The Fall Art Show is coming up. Deadline to register is October 20.
3. Pick up for the October Display Wall is Monday, October 23. . .this is a change!
4. Membership Renewal Time.
5. First Saturday and Club Fair is Saturday, October 7.
6. Hospitality/Social Hour is Thursday, October 12,
7. Art Party is Thursday, October 19.
8. Digital Art and Abstract Art User Groups
9. The Mirror
10. Creative Vision
11. Movie Night
12. Display Wall
13. Sunshine Lady
15 Member news
Attached below are:
~ Minutes from the last Executive Board Meeting.
~ Display Wall Calendar
~ The biographies of candidates running in the October 4 AAA election
1. The Quarterly General Membership Meeting will be Wednesday, October 4 at 1 PM in the art room. Please come. We will hold the election of officers, so we need to have a quorum. We will elect a president, treasurer and member at large. Please see attachment below with the biographies of those who are running for office. Our speaker for this month’s meeting is Michael Reibel. In his work , Michael focuses on his guiding principle to “paint like a poet might write”. He will present examples, concepts, techniques, and finished works to explain what he is looking for in his pursuit. After this presentation, we will have a business meeting, chock full of excellent information.
2. The opening of the AAA Fall Art Show is about three weeks from now. The show dates are Thursday, October 26th, with the Opening Reception, October 27, 28 and 29th, .Artists who intend to submit art pieces are reminded to pick up their registration packet in the AAA Studio or download it from the website. The registration deadline is October 20. Return the completed registration form and fee to the box at the monitor's desk. All the information you need is in the packet along with name tags for the art. Also, please sign up on the form at the monitor's desk to be a host, cashier or to help with food for the Artist's and Volunteer's Reception on Thursday, October 26 at 4:30 p.m. Your support of this show is greatly appreciated.
3. IMPORTANT! This is a change! Pick up for the October Display Wall is Monday, October 23. This is a change. This is because we will begin set-up for the Fall Art Show on Tuesday, October 24.
4. It's Membership Renewal time! You can renew your membership on the website (www.scartclub.com), or in the art room. The annual membership fee is $20, and your renewal insures your membership through December 2024.
5. First Saturday Sales, and the Sun City Community Association Club Fair is this coming Saturday, October 7 from 10 - 1 PM.
6. Join us for the monthly Hospitality/Social/Happy Hour the second Thursday of every month, October 12, from 5 - 6 PM. There is no agenda. It's a great time to hang out with artists! Bring your own beverage and a shack to share, if you like. We hope to see you there.
7. The Art Party is October 19 from 6:30 - 8:30 PM. Sign up now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The topic is a surprise!
8. The Digital Art and Abstract Art User Groups are back in action. If you have an interest, please bring your own supplies and come to paint together and share ideas! The Abstract Art User Group will meet on Thursday, October 12 at 10 AM and the Digital Art User group meeting will be Monday, October 23 at 6:30 PM.
9. The mirror is on its way! We had a successful tag sale and have purchased the replacement Mirrorlite mirror. Lifestyles has agreed to install it. It won't be long until we have this valuable new teaching tool! Thanks go to all our members who donated art materials and help at the Tag Sale. It was great!!!
10. Creative Vision pairings have been done, and 54 All About Art artists have paired, each with a photographer, to prepare for the show that begins on February 2, 2024. Watch for details.
11. There has been lots of interest in having a Movie Night! There is a PBS special on Frida Kahlo, and we're going to attempt to show the three-part series at 6:30 PM, on the evenings of October 10, 17th, and 24th. The showing will be in the art room on the first two nights, and we will announce another venue for the last showing----which is on an evening when we will be prepping for the Fall Art Show. There might even be popcorn!!
12. The Display Wall Calendar is established and attached below. As a reminder, we are going to perk up our walls with something special each month, starting in December 2023, which is ANYTHING GOES month!
13. We have a Sunshine Lady! Judy Meeks has been our Sunshine Lady for years. She will happily send a card to any member who has been injured, is unwell, or needs a pick-me-up. Just call Judy at 843-705-7580, if you know someone who could use this type of contact and support!.
14. Sign up in the white books at the front of the All About Art room.
October 5 ~ First Timers Watercolor Mary Treadwell 1 - 4 PM $25
October 6 ~ Mat Cutting Bonnie Huber and Kate Mace 9 - noon Genesis Class -- free
October 7 and 21 Paint What You Love Mary Treadwell 1:30 - 4 $25
October 9 Elements of Art: Value Patti Roz and Sue Grilli 6:30 - 7:30 Genesis Class --free
October 11 Italian Landscape Cynthia Byers 1 - 4:30 $25
October 12, 13, and 14 Landscape in Oils Suzanne Aulds 1 - 3:30 $100 for three classes
October 18 Portrait Sketching Trish Jedrick 1 - 3 PM Genesis Class -free
October 19 Mixed Media Lynne Drake 9 - noon $30
October 29 Watercolor Sunflowers Lynne Drake 9 - noon $25
15. Member news. Joan Wykis will be doing a Free Batik Demo on October 12 at 1:30 at Four Corners Fine Art Gallery, 1263 May River Road in Bluffton.
Have a great month. See you around the Art Room!
Jan Urbanic & Kate Mace
Co-Presidents, All About Art Club
Bios for the All About Art Nominees -- Election October 4, 2023
For president: Patti Rozonkiewiecz email@example.com
I’m a highly motivated, energetic person who is constantly learning. I have a certificate in Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Lighting, and Kitchen and Bath, and my bachelor's Degree in Interior Design. I have experience in leadership through work and with the American Society of Interior Designers IL chapter. I was on the board for 2 years as their Communication Director.
I was fortunate to join All About Art and it’s amazing to be a part of a great group of artists and people. I love taking classes to increase my knowledge and grow with new mediums.
My leadership philosophy is to make sure that everyone has the knowledge and the tools needed to complete the task/goal with my help as well. This starts with making sure our manual and SOPs (standard operating procedures) are all up to date and written with step-by-step instructions so that anyone can help if needed.
Everyone wants to keep growing the club with new instructors, and classes and bringing back some blasts from the past events. Also, keep the current ones that are well-attended. Everyone wants to ensure that we don’t lose our great studio and that we get more of the membership involved.
For Treasurer: Marianne Bruno AAAclubtreasurer@gmail.com
After over 30 years in the Long Island banking & finance industry doing accounting, I worked 12 years as bookkeeper for Long Beach City School District.
My decision to move to Sun City 3 years ago was based on two factors: the All About Art club and the proximity to USCB-OLLI. I am a firm believer in lifelong learning and have consistently taken adult education classes from several colleges and school districts.
I am not a trained artist but I’m creative and appreciate all art forms. The past 2 years I’ve enjoyed taking watercolor, acrylic and pastel pencil classes. The AAA club offers a wonderful environment to meet and get to know like-minded individuals. This past year I have enjoyed
being your Treasurer and hope to continue to do so.
For Member at Large: John Baxter Joabaxter@yahoo.com
My art background includes:
Minor in art from the NY State University in Plattsburgh, NY. Continued art history courses from various colleges.
Member of Long School of Iconology (writing tempera paintings religious Russian icons.)
Studio Abstract Art courses from various independent schools.
Taught Art History Courses at Osher Life Leaning Institute at USCB.
Twice board member of All About Art.
Member of All About Art display team for eight years.
Facility Manager for All About Art for twelve years.
My current interest is in producing abstract and semi-abstract art.
My extensive art background combined with various positions with change-overs in Sun City management, maintenance and facility department have provided a history and understanding of requirements useful for the continuing growth of our club.