Hello everyone! We are looking forward to all the events we have coming up this fall.
Here's what's coming up.
Art in Bloom
Fall Art Show
New Member Orientation
Art Club Challenge
Themed Art Wall
The Nominating Committee has been hard at work developing a slate for the upcoming club election. As a reminder, you will be electing a President, a Treasurer, and one Member at Large at the General Meeting on October 4 at 1:00 PM in the Art Room. If you would like to be considered for a position, please contact the Nominating Committee Chair, Marilyn Farley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art in Bloom is almost here! HELP! We are in need of 6 more cookie bakers for the show. We’re asking each volunteer to make 3 dozen petite cookies to be dropped off on Thursday, Sept. 7.
If you can help, please contact Donna Stephen at email@example.com.
Also, there are a couple more slots open for servers at the show. Please sign up if you
can. See Schedule below:
Sept. 8 - Set-up of Show - 2:00 Painting drop off
3:00 Drop off of florals
Sept. 9. Show Hours - 10-4
Sept. 10 - Show Hours - 10-2
There will be music and light refreshments - hope you all are planning to come see and
support this collaborative event between The Art and Garden Clubs.
3. Fall Art Show - October 26-29
Mark your calendars for the AAA Fall Art Show scheduled for October 26th-29th.
Thursday, the 26th - Show opens with a reception at 4:30 for artists and
volunteers, and 5:00 PM to the public.
Friday and Saturday - Hours: 10-6
Sunday - Hours - 10-3
Registration forms and show guidelines will be available in the AAA studio the week of
September 11th. We are in need of volunteers for the following areas:
Co-chair for Hospitality
Drop-off day helpers
Distribution of mailbox flyers
Show closing and studio set up.
We appreciate all the help and support you provided in the past and hope that you will
consider volunteering again. Contact Cathy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org for
4. New Member Orientation will be held Wednesday, Sept. 20 at 4 p.m. in the art room.
This is a great opportunity for all new members to tour the art room, learn about everything the club has to offer, and ask questions of the Presidents Kate and Jan. All new and old members are encouraged to attend.
5. The Art Party will be held on Thursday, Sept. 21 at 6:30 in the Art Room. The topic is "Jasper Johns" along with a related hands-on activity. Reservations are on a first come, first serve basis. Please contact Ann aat ann.rotunno@gmail .com if you’d like to come. See attached flyer.
6. This month's Happy Hour will be Thursday, Sept. 14th, from 5-6 pm in the art room. Meet fellow art enthusiasts and bring your own beverage, and if you like, a snack to share.
7. A new artistic challenge for y’all! As part of our initiative to publicize our great club, we would like to create buttons with the slogan, “Young @ Art”. We’re asking our club members to come up with a design for these buttons. It can be funky, colorful and eye-catching. The buttons will be 3” in diameter. So get those creative juices flowing, and send your ideas to Connie Silvester at email@example.com. by September 30. The board will select the winning design.
8. It's time to renew your membership, Membership dues are good through December 31, but anyone who renews between September 1 and December 31 will have their membership paid up through December 31, 2024.
9. We had a wonderful response when we suggested having a theme each month for the end panel of our display wall. Maybe we can even designate the entire wall for "over-sized paintings" or maybe even an "anything goes". Would you like to help plan these changes? Please let Kate know (firstname.lastname@example.org). We’ll assemble a committee so we can meet in September to start end-panel themed display by the end of the year.
10. September Class Offerings
Sept. 2, 16, 23, 30 - "Paint What You Love" (1:30-4)
Sept. 6 - ""Still Life Pears" (1-4:30)
Sept. 11 - "Elements of Art: Form" (6:30-7:30
Sept. 14, 15, 21 & 22 - "Oil Painting Portrait" (1-3:30)
Sept. 21 - "Water Lilies" acrylic - (9:30-12)
Sept. 20 - "Portrait Sketching" workshop - (1-3)
Sept. 27 - "Rock Painting" (6:30-8:30)
Come to the Art Room to sign up.
Thank you, and have a wonderful Labor Day!
Jan Urbanic & Kate Mace
Co-Presidents, All About Art Club